Okay, at my house we’re all ready for the Hurricane to blow in and give us some mandatory “turn off the electronics” time. Now, you might be wondering what you can do once the power goes out . . . or maybe not . . . we do see a marked increase in births in my town nine months after a big storm . . . anywhoo, you’re on your own in that department.
I’m talking about the OTHER power outage activity – reading. We’re all readers in this house and I’m looking forward to getting to a good book by lantern light.
So, I thought that maybe you’re looking for a good book to put on your computer or e-reader . . . well, here are my recommendations:
1. Come Unto These Yellow Sands by Josh Lanyon. This book is a great M/M romance with an awesome mystery. I also love the Adrien English series – but I’ll warn you – if you pick up the first one you’ll have to read them all.
2. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkelles. Awesome, awesome YA novel. The characters were just so compelling.
3. Black Dagger Brotherhood Series byJ.R. Ward. I’m not so into the vampire thing anymore but these books are absolutely captivating, the action keeps you on the edge and the heroes are drool-worthy.
5. Fluffer’s, Inc. by Hank Edwards. A hysterical, M/M romance about Charlie Heggensford who works in the porn industry. Charlie’s adventures remind me of Stephanie Plum – I laughed all the way through.
6. Defiant by Kris Kennedy. Another fantastic historical that blows me away with the plot and the sexy hero.
7. Kick It Up by Carol Ericson. Carol is one my go-to authors for Romantic Suspense but this fun, flirty contemporary really captivated me.
8. Paper Planes by M. Jules Aedin. This is a lovely, sexy story of two people who survive the cruelest loss and find love again. I thought this was brilliantly done when both of the heroes were apart for at least a third of the book.
9. Life after Joe by Harper Fox. I love this story of a man trying to move on after his lover leaves him and the gentle man who saves him. As usual, Harper weaves a story that just touches you so deeply.
10. Golden Opportunity by Donna Marie Rogers. Super sweet and sexy with a fabulous hero and heroine.
11. Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye. One elevator. Two people. No power. You do the math. Great book!
Hope you find time to curl up with a good book and with your loved ones this weekend. Be safe.
Burn it up, Robin