DJW Book Formatting, Editing & Author Coaching Services
“Robin Covington’s formatting services are topnotch. She’s professional, fast, and has the perfect eye for detail. I’ll definitely be using the service again.” – Amanda Flower, USA Today bestselling author of Flowers and Foul Play
Format one novel in one format (mobi, Epub or Print): $50
Format one novel in all formats (mobi, epub, and Print/PDF): $120
Format a boxed set of 3 full length novels in one format: $135
Format a boxed set of 3 full length novels in all formats (mobi, Epub, Print/PDF): $250
**Ask me for pricing on a boxed set of more than 3 full length novels**
Updates to a previously formatted novel (i.e changing back matter etc.): $15 per format or $40 for one novel in all formats.
Format a short story or novella (up to 40,000 words) in one format (mobi, Epub or Print): $30
Format of one short story or novella in all formats (mobi, Epub, Print): $90
Format a boxed set of short stories or novellas in one format (mobi, Epub or Print): $20/novella
Format a boxed set in all formats (mobi, Epub or Print: $60/novella
Updates to a previously formatted novella (i.e changing back matter etc.): $10 per format or $40 for one novel in all formats.
Corrections (not including my formatting) $25 per hour
FORMATTING FOR NON-FICTION BOOKS
Per hour rate: $30
What do you need to submit?
In order to ensure you get consistent, high-quality service, we do have a few requirements for ebook submission:
- You must submit your own cover art.
- You must submit a copyright page, title page and all back matter.
- You must submit a word processing document like a .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf file. I cannot accept .pdf or .html files for this service.
- If you are submitting images, you must submit separate .jpg files, even if the images are already in the document. Images can be uploaded separately or as a single .zip file that contains all the images.
NOTE: This service does not include editing of your manuscript.
EDITING, PITCH/QUERY, AND COACHING SERVICES
Blurb and/or Query Writing – $85 each
Whether you’ve got a complete manuscript or just need to get your blurb up for preorders, I can write a blurb that will inspire one-click-itis or fix one that is giving you fits! And if you need to draft a query letter? I can do that too!
Synopsis Editing: $85
Condensing your novel into a few pages can sometimes feel impossible and once you’ve lived with it for days, weeks, and months – you don’t know what should be left in and what should be cut. I can help you write a synopsis that will thrill agents and editors alike!
Manuscript Evaluation – $0.005 per word
The goal is to identify issues with larger story elements such as GMC (Goal, Motivation, and Conflict), characters, plot/premise, pacing, sexual tension, voice etc. The goal is to help you write a romance that readers cannot put down! This service does not include correcting typos, spelling, grammar, or punctuation. This service provides comments via a 1/2 hour Zoom call.
50% DEPOSIT FOR THE SERVICES LISTED ABOVE IS DUE AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.
EDITING SERVICES: The depth of the edit and price of this work depends upon where you are in your writing process.
Developmental Editing – $.01 per word
Do you have a great idea but aren’t quite sure how to make it sing? I can take a look at your book and help you fill in the gaps to help you write a romance that will keep your readers turning the pages. I read your story and make suggestions on issues like structure, character arc, showing and telling, point of view (POV), internal and external conflict, plot holes, and pacing. This is more in-depth than a manuscript evaluation and includes tracked changes, and a 1/2 hour Zoom call to discuss my comments.
Line Editing – $.012 per word
This is a deep dive into your book. I dig into dialogue, scene pacing, tone, chapter hooks, and story details. I’ll use track changes to analyze your book for word choice, overuse of adverbs or fillers, clunky or confusing passages, repetition of words, and sentence structure.
Copy Editing – $.008 per word
Copy edits are a detailed check of grammar, syntax, and spelling, and may also include research and fact-checking.
Proofread – $0.007 per word
This is the final correction of typos, spelling, grammar, and punctuation for a manuscript that is ready to publish.
**IF YOU WANT TO BOOK ME FOR MULTIPLE EDITING SERVICES ON THE SAME MANUSCRIPT, I OFFER A DISCOUNT. CONTACT ME FOR DETAILS.**
EDITING TERMS OF SERVICE:
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold specific dates on my project calendar.
- All manuscript submissions should be in Word document format. I will use Track Changes and Comments to provide your edits.
- Payment must be made in full before I return the manuscript. You may pay via PayPal.
- If you are not able to send me the manuscript by the date you have reserved, I will try to work you in but I can’t guarantee to complete the edit by the date I originally reserved for you.
BOOK DEVELOPMENT/COACHING SERVICES
Story Development Package: $500
- Initial one-hour Zoom call to establish the idea and the series of deadlines to complete the project
- 2 subsequent Zoom calls to assist with development.
- This package will assist you in developing your story idea, the plot of the book with a complete outline, and character development/GMC.
Book Development Package: This is designed to get your book in shape for submission/query to editors and agents:*
- Everything included in the Manuscript Evaluation ($.005 per word a la carte = $425 for 85,000 words)
- Drafting Assistance/Revision of Synopsis (typically $85 a la carte)
- Drafting Assistance/Revision of Query Letter (typically $85 a la carte)
- 30 minute – One hour call every other week to discuss market research and progress with book revisions
- Editing pass – to get it ready to go out on submission ($.012 per word usually = $1020 for 85,000 words)
*CONTACT ME FOR SPECIFIC PRICING OF YOUR PROJECT. (For estimation purposes, an 85k novel book development package would cost $2000 and would take approximately 90-120 days to complete.)
INTERESTED? Contact me and let’s get started!